Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Night Lights & Night Tackling

Sometimes both of the boys happen to have a bad day on the SAME day.  I stayed home one day last week because Alex started the morning with a temperature and clearly was not feeling well.  Will didn't miss a beat and joined in on the fussy fun.  Once it became obvious that both of the boys were not feeling well, I was not surprised when they started with the tears and hysterical crying.  Nothing is more exciting than two babies crying hysterically as loud as they can AT THE SAME TIME.  I snapped these pictures shortly after a really gruesome episode of synchronized hysterics...


As you can see, my attempt to distract them with their night light worked like a charm.  Will was transfixed and insisted on cuddling with his new friend while he calmed down...


The glow of that night light has become a familiar sight the last few nights.  Both Alex and Will have not been sleeping well.  Our frequent attempts to calm them down have ended with me sleeping with one or the other on the futon in their room.  This lack of good sleep has dramatically increased my "night tackling".  Every time poor Aaron tries to roll over at night, I grab him (in my sleep) because I think that he is a baby rolling off of the bed.  Apparently, I was so frantic the other night that I went the extra mile and threw my leg over him during one (of the two) tackling sessions.  I must add that on the very same night, I also managed to sweep nearly all of the picture frames off of my nightstand in my sleep. There was one point that I recall standing over the mess semiconscious and confused, but that hazy memory has not helped me piece together what really happened.  Moral of the story, I need more sleep otherwise I do crazy things.  Wish us luck tonight...Aaron is going to need it.

P.S. I forgot to mention that Alex tore the ENTIRE mobile off of his crib last night.  What shocked me the most was that he managed to throw it to the opposite end of the crib.  He must have inherited his night strength from me. :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope all is better with Will and Alex's sleep, for your sake. They are having a really hard time when they get sick. It will get better as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly Alex is a night tackler, too. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete