Saturday, March 16, 2013

Good Morning Sunshine

Being a mother of twins has taught me to transition from sleep to full consciousness instantly and assess my environment Terminator style before moving a muscle.  I mention this because around 4:00 a.m. this morning I woke up to the strange sensation of something lightly brushing my arm.  My 'mother' sense kept me from swinging into the pitch black abyss which was a good thing because I would have toppled this charming creature...


Why is this worthy of posting you may ask?  Because this is the first time a free range toddler has ended up at my beside in the middle of the night.

We removed the child gate from their bedroom door last Sunday after a room transforming day trip to IKEA (more on that coming in a later post).  It didn't take long for the boys to take advantage of the freedom.

In just under a week, William conquered his fear of the dark and shuffled his little feet all the way through the house to my bedside where he used his sweet little fingers to tickle me awake.


1 comment: