Friday, August 23, 2013

First Fish

I had a chance to catch newts, tadpoles, macroinvertebrates and tiny fish with hundreds of kiddos at the edge of this pond over the years. So, you can imagine my delight when I got to watch you explore this special place and catch your first fish here.

Alex, you really enjoyed casting and getting immediate results. Those bass were ready for every worm you threw at them and you yelled 'I got another one!' as loud as you could every time you caught a fish.


Will, you learned a quick lesson about tucking your arms into your life jacket while walking along uneven ground. After I plucked you out of the pond, you were up for a few rounds with the fishing rod. The fish wiggling at the end of your line fascinated you but you were not quite sure about touching them.

 

Let's hope your interest in fishing grows with you so that Papa and I can take you on more adventures in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment