Monday, January 31, 2011

Sniff, sniff

Today was my first day back at work since I had the boys.  It was definitely hard and I did cry, although I did my very best to keep my chin up and move on with things.  Until this morning, I haven't been away from my two beautiful boys for more than 3 hours so it took a little to adjust to life without them as a constant part of my day.  Luckily I work with some amazing people and they made sure that I had a memorable first day back at work.  There were streamers and signs waiting for me at my desk, pictures of Alex and Will taped to walls, a morning dash for coffee, an afternoon trip to lunch, and plenty of hello's and hugs.  I was very well taken care of and I am very grateful to have such a great crowd to spend my days with.  Now all I have to do is get up tomorrow and do it all over again...

Alexander and William checking out 
their new home away from home.
 
 Alexander charmed everyone 
with his sweet little smile.

William was soaking up the details 
and assessing the scene.

Mama was holding on tight and showering 
heads and hands with kisses.

 




2 comments:

  1. Lori, Big Hug! Sounds like your co-workers made you feel really special. As you are! William and Alexander looked like they approved of their new surroundings.Proud of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TGIF!!! You made it through the first week. I can't believe how big the boys are. Love and miss ya.

    ReplyDelete