Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mama

You are gone and I wasn't even close to ready for the departure.  I am adrift, numb and blurry around the edges.  You were my best friend, my confidante, my inspiration, my teacher, my buoy, my glass 3/4 full reminder that life is truly grand.  I know I must move on and I will, but it seems so impossible right now.

Please know that I am grateful for everything that you have given me.  From start to finish, you literally spent your life carefully stitching love into every fiber of my being.  You created a masterpiece out of your life.  You pulled all of the little pieces together and made a beautiful, colorful, heart warming story. 

Thank you for being a survivor, a listener and a positive person.  You never faltered and we all love you for showing us that with a big enough heart, anything can be done.  Your stories will live on.  Your friends, children and grandchildren will remember you and you will be cherished a million times over by the army of people that you have touched. 

You were the best mother in the world and I will wake up every morning and do my best to honor you.  I will never forget the sacrifices you made, the love you shared and the monumental example that you set for the rest of us to follow.

I love you with all of my heart...
Your Little One

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful memorial to you Mother. She was and still is very proud of you. Her love goes on in you and everything you touch. She made you the person you are today. Sweet, kind, and the most loving person I know. You will continue sharing the love she gave you in those two beautiful sons of yours. Aaron is very blessed to have you by his side. I am thankful to you mother for creating such a beautiful daughter inside and out.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,

    My heart goes out to you, Doug, and Shari. You have endured so much and were blessed with such a wonderful mother. I have such fond memories of our childhood with your family, especially at Diamond Lake. Your mom loved to laugh and smile; her love was infectious and her talents many.

    Take care and cherish the memories of her,

    Kris (Schuyler) Ronk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    I have been so wrapped up in my own world I completely forgot I had bookmarked your blog and this morning I ran across it and read about your mother. I am so incredibly sorry and sad and also proud of you for going on and being the mother she would want you to be. The birthday party must have hurt your heart for her absence and yet you did a beautiful job. Your mother will be with you always but it stinks that she isn't there in person anymore. It just stinks. Your friend, Tina

    ReplyDelete