Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving this year was a wonderful mix of old traditions and new experiences.  We were lucky enough to spend the day with Aaron's family and I am thankful for the great company and amazing food. 

I spent the morning chopping up vegetables and making my Mom's wild rice dressing.  It was so cozy to work in the kitchen while Aaron watched a Kung Fu movie and the boys toddled around the house.  I love the way little people mix things up and make every moment wonderful.

My little turkey's have grown quite a bit in the past year...


The feast and festivities later that day were quite fabulous.  Here a just a few highlights...

A perfectly set table...


Loads of toys and attention from Grandma & Grandpa Terry...


Terry & Kelly's traditional platter of fresh shrimp...
 

The boys LOVED everything that they tasted.  In fact, the only thing on the table they didn't try (besides the wine) was the green salad.  They were especially fond of Grandma Terry's cranberry sauce, Auntie Kelly's potatoes and Grandpa Terry's stuffing.

Will felt pretty cool about sitting higher than everyone else...


Alex was too busy stuffing his face to notice...

 

I am thankful to be loved and embraced by my family.  I am thankful for my two little turkey's and my one big one.  I am thankful for all of the Thanksgivings that I got to spend with my Mother.  I am thankful for all of the people in my life who make a difference just by being themselves.  I am thankful for laughter, coffee and fresh flowers.  I am thankful for such a wonderful day to celebrate and I am thankful for the chance to do it all over again next year. 


1 comment:

  1. Lori the pictures are precious and so are you. Love the comparison photos.

    ReplyDelete