Wednesday, May 30, 2012

17 Months (Belated)

*I wrote this post in March and failed to upload photos and post it when the boys were actually 17 months old.  I thought I would share it anyway, especially since I am making an effort to catch up...*

 

You both love cucumbers, black olives and tried poke (raw tuna) at Cousin Kellen's birthday party. Bananas still get you really excited first thing in the morning. You will duel over dipping rights when I feed you yogurt and give you each a spoon.  I taught you to raise your cups and clang them together whenever you hear "cheers".

 

You will still sign "more" and "please " for everything, although pointing at things emphatically has also been added to the repertoire.  Whenever I come home, you both immediately rush to the refrigerator and start clamoring and pointing for milk and a snack.


Poor Finn is still tackled and slobbered on whenever he is in range.  Goose is also harassed frequently but she at least fights back when you start getting too rough. You both get hysterical when the tables are turned and you are dragging something that attracts the cats.  The other day Finn followed you around and chewed on the ribbon that hung from your balloons and it ended in tears.

Alexander...
 

You still throw full body tantrums (I call them "jazzerspaz") complete with kicks whenever we put you down for a nap, on the changing table or to bed for the night.  All food is subject to instant rejection if we are paying attention to you when you are trying to eat it, unless it is a banana, cheese, kidney beans or spaghetti.


You started bringing Will his sippy cup whenever you find it and patted his head the other day when he was sad.  Light switches in all locations and forms occupy your fingers and you love sorting and carrying around your stack of flashcards.  Music is one of your favorites and whenever you hear a good tune you will wave your arms and bounce to the beat.

William...

You recently started slipping out of your buckles and standing up in your highchair.  Nothing pleases you more than getting a good reaction out of us, especially if you have manged to climb somewhere high or get into something off limits.  One of your favorite games is to run laps around the kitchen island and while we chase you and make bear sounds.


You are making quite a show of mimicking whatever I say.  One of your favorite songs that you often sing is "eee iii eee iii ooo".  If you want to go outside, you get me moving by bringing me my shoes, your jacket and your hat. 

We love watching you both conquer the world...
                                                                                                xoxo,
                                                                                                  Mama & Dada

1 comment:

  1. So glad you posted! I stalk you all the time now that I know you have a blog! I love the pictures of your boys! Girl you are one awesome mom to tackle and take on two boys! Kuddos girl and you are doing an AMAZING job! So in the picture of your climbing boy do you read Jodi Picoult books? If so I love her and I have read 4 of her books and try to find more at second hand stores! Thanks for posting pictures of your handsome boys!

    ReplyDelete