Sunday, March 27, 2011

Super Grandma


We battled yet another virus this week.  It all started to go down hill on Monday afternoon.  The boys were coughing until they changed color and their pink eye (which had just cleared up) came back in full force.  Tuesday morning I stayed home from work and took them into the doctor.  Luckily their lungs were clear, but the nasty new virus had also encouraged another round of ear infections.  I did my best to keep them comfortable while attempting to battle the viral monster myself (thanks for sharing boys).

Super Grandma jumped right in and saved the day on Wednesday and Thursday.  She stayed home with the boys and gave them plenty of love and cuddles.  They loved every minute of the stay home fun and apparently performed a few tricks while Grandpa was over visiting (next time Cirque du Soleil is in town, we will have them audition with the synchronized rolling).

Unfortunately, Aaron was the last one to succumb to the latest immune system attack.  He is still battling through it, while the boys and I are a few steps ahead in the cycle of healing.  I know there are plenty more battles on the horizon, but we are hoping for a few days when ALL of us are healthy again.  At this rate their first words will be "amoxicillin" and "erythromycin".

For now, we are all grateful to be moving forward.  Three cheers for modern medicine and Grandma Terry!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting me use my nursing skills. It's been a long time since I've taken care of sick little ones. I loved every minute of it!
    Hope everyone is feel better soon.
    Love to all,
    Grandma Terry

    ReplyDelete